These mills are excellent for dispersions, emulsions, mixing, blending and homogenizing. By using energy transfer in the form of shear, impact and impingement—our mills are able to effectively disperse solid materials throughout a liquid in an even, uniform fashion. Our bottom entry mills can also be manufactured for applications requiring vacuum or pressure.
- One of the main components of our dispersion unit is the rotor. The function of the rotor is to provide the force that accelerates the solid particles into the liquid. This violent action is what deagglomerates and breaks up the particles. The particles are forced into the stator wall, broken apart and become mixed after impact. This action is much like throwing a snowball against a brick wall.
- The stator is what provides the barrier for high impact that is crucial to this process. The stator surrounds the rotor and is configured with slots that provide surface impact area and work to ensure all materials are aggressively mixed.
- In addition to the rotor, our dispersion units have two propellers: one on top of the rotor and one under the rotor. These props serve to create additional flow within the vessel and to force the materials into the rotor repeatedly to create a fine dispersion. These propellers can be modified according to the application or specifications of our customers’ application.
- Propellers come in a few different shapes from flat to marine style; each design caters to a unique flow pattern.
- Lastly, head plates fit snugly against the top and bottom of the stator and act to sandwich the slots thus concentrating the force of the material through the slot only and to help avoid "spill-over".
If you are unsure of which model will best suit your application, our knowledgeable engineers are happy to work with you to make certain the Kady Mill is the appropriate machine for your process application. We will even test your materials in our lab which takes the guesswork out of mill specification. Whether you are emulsifying, homogenizing, milling, cooking, mixing, dispersing, or another application, KADY International has the knowledge and well over 60 years of experience in the industry; you can count on us to provide a tailor made solution for you.